Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wow...forgot I had a blog!


Geez, I can't believe it has been so long since I updated this, guess I am just not a journaling type person. Since the last post of the trees falling, we have been to California and started school.

The trip to CA was wonderful, the longest trip I have ever taken at 3 weeks and 4 days. The trip home was terrible. What should have been a 7 hour travel time, turned into over 20 hours. Our plane had mechanical problems in Denver. We were set to leave at 7pm...the mechanics worked until 10pm...we loaded the plane, pulled back and sat....pulled back in, unloaded at finally at midnight they cancelled the flight. By that time Nathan was passed out and Andrew and I were just exhausted. Had to get out of the airport, find the hotel shuttle (ended up taking a ride from another hotel shuttle guy which was not one of by best mothering choices as he was off duty and it was close to 1 in the morning, something bad could have really happened), all three of us were in one bed, make it back to the airport, get new seats on the same broken plane....whew we finally made it back to Orlando.

Then finally school started. Andrew LOVES second grade and his teacher...Nathan tolerates Kindergarten, I think it has been a bit too much review of pre-school so hopefully they step it up soon.

TODAY...we had baseball skills assessment (a nice way of putting try-outs) which I still can not watch, makes me way too nervous. Then Andrew and I sat outside the Publix grocery store for 3 hours selling Cub Scout popcorn. After dinner we decided the kids need to get out some energy. So off on the bikes we went to the park. Nathan threw a fit that his training wheels were too high and then Andrew fell flat on his back off the thing you hold onto and slide...scared the you know what out of us as his eyes rolled back in his head, he went white as a sheet and knocked the breath out of himself...this day is DONE!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Exciting happenings in this Blog!
I still enjoy reading your Blog comments & seeing the pictures.
Mom Kerr